HEART (Home Educators Advocating Righteousness Training) is a Christian homeschool support group. We strive to encourage one another in our homeschool journeys through enrichment activities such as CLASS Day and Pulse gym, through field trips, and through Moms Night Out activities. Our group meets predominately in Bolingbrook, but has families from Romeoville, Naperville, Lisle, Plainfield, Woodridge, and Aurora.
Statement of Faith
How We Believe
- In the essential beliefs we have unity. "There is one Body and one Spirit ... there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all..." (Eph. 4:4-6).
- In the non-essential beliefs we have diversity. "Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters ... Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls ... So then each of us will give an account of himself to God ... So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God." (Rom. 14:1-22).
- In all our beliefs we show charity. "... If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." (I Cor. 13:2).
What We Believe
- The Written Word of God: the Bible (II Tim. 3:15-17; I Thess. 2:13; I Pt. 1:21) The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are given by divine inspiration, and are thus the written Word of God (without error in the original writings); They are the final authority for the lives of believers in every culture and age (showing how people can come to faith in Jesus and live God-pleasing lives), and the infallible rule of faith and practice. They are to be interpreted according to their context and purpose in reverent obedience to the living Lord who speaks through them in power by the Holy Spirit. The primary purpose of Scripture is to lead to faith in Jesus.
- One living and true God (Deut. 6:4; Is. 43:10-11; Matt. 28:19; Luke 3:22) God exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - equal in power and glory. He has revealed himself to be perfect in love, holiness and righteousness. He created all, upholds all, and governs all.
- God the Father (Deut. 32:6; Ps. 103:13-15; Jer. 3:19; II Co. 6:18; John 14:9) God has revealed Himself as a Father who is an infinite, personal Spirit - perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men. He hears and answers prayer; And He saves from sin and death all who come to Him in faith through Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ (Matt. 1:23; Heb. 1-3; Acts 2:22; II Cor. 5:21; Col. 1:15-20; I Cor. 15:4) Jesus Christ is God's one and only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and both true God and true man. He was born of a virgin; lived a sinless life; fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies of the Messiah; performed miracles as evidence of his messiahship; died a substitutionary atoning death for our sins; rose bodily from the dead; ascended into heaven; and offers continual intercession for His people.
- The Holy Spirit (Jn 14:26; 16:5-15; Ro. 8:12-17;26-27; I Cor. 12; II Cor. 3:17; Gal. 3) The Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. The Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and is an abiding helper, teacher, gift-giver, and guide. The true believer receives the Holy Spirit and is baptized into the Body of Christ at conversion, but the Spirit's empowering for godly living, ministry, and mission must be sought and activated by faith. Through the indwelling Holy Spirit we can experience repeated fillings and a progressive liberation from the bondage of sin, Satan, and the world.
- God's plan to save man (Gen. 1:26- 27; 2:17; 3:6; Rom. 5:12-19; Eph. 2:1- 10;Ti 3:5-7) Man was created in God's image, tempted by Satan, and subsequently rebelled against God. Men and women became corrupted in their nature, expressing that in sinful deeds. They have come under God's just condemnation and sentence of death. God regenerates those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. He declares them righteous, forgives them of their sins, adopts them as His children, baptizes them with the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of their future inheritance with Christ, incorporates them into His body, and empowers them for His service. No one can come to the Father except through Jesus.
What is required to sign up?
Families seeking to join HEART must fill out a registration form, an accident release form, and sign the statement of faith. There is a $50 fee per family to join. Not sure about joining? We encourage families to come to 2 events before deciding to become members. You may come to one Class Day and one other event, or 2 other events.
If you are interested in more information, please contact HEART at email@example.com